Hi writers and readers!
I wanted to share some info from my workshop “Skeleton Keys” from the Creative Ink Festival, Sun Apr 2, 2017 at 3pm.
I hope you found the workshop inspiring, and that it will inspire you to continue nourishing your own creative spark. If you sign up here, you’ll get 2 free workbooks to download.
1. Skeleton Keys – Workbook
How to customize and select a set of keys that can unlock any locked doors in your creative work.
2. Mama Made It – Workbook
How to build a lifestyle that makes room for creativity, from my workshop “Mama Made It” at the Creative Women Summit.
My Writers’ Meditations
This is the Long Version. A good place to start if you’re feeling stuck. It’s about 17 min.
This is the Short Version – 6.5 min. If you’ve already done the long one, you can just touch on the ideas and they spring back to life more quickly.
My Meditation Inspiration
More on meditations here.
In the workshop, I mentioned several resources that people might like a closer look at. Here they are gathered together with links for you to follow.
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert, available here on Amazon
- Magic Lessons, a podcast by Elizabeth Gilbert, available here on Soundcloud
- Brene Brown – researcher and storyteller, a doctor and professor of Social Work, studying shame and vulnerability. Here’s her book, The Gifts of Imperfection on Amazon. Here’s more about her, including her amazeballs TED Talks
- The Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity, by Julia Cameron. Here’s the book on Amazon.
- Short Assignments “Bird by Bird,” by Anne Lamott
- Teresa Amabile, Harvard professor and researcher. Here’s a video her speaking at the 99U conference, 2012
- “Expansion” a Sculpture by Paige Bradley
- Dale Adams Segal’s The Hour Stories‘ meditation technique opens the portal of writing for us
- Inspirational works: Dumbo, by Disney, Morning Star by Mucha, San from Hayao Miyazaki’s “Princess Mononoke,” The Muse, painting by Fabian Perez
Here’s what it’s about:
Michele’s Workshop – Skeleton Keys
Sun, April 2nd, 2017 at 3pm – Room: Grand Villa 2
Sneaky craft tools that trick your brain into getting your story finished
It’s inevitable that life will blindside your creative process, no matter how perfect it is. This workshop focuses on creating a custom set of master keys to fit any locked door you encounter. Find simple tasks that feel so easy, they might even be fun!
Michele Fogal received a BFA in Creative Writing and then set aside dreams of being a writer for more practical endeavours. Writing, however, had other plans. After battling doubt and writer’s block for years, Fogal is now finding ways to include creativity as a part of her long term life approach, while maintaining her family relationships, her household, her business and her sanity! She is the author of 3 novels, published by 2 presses.
Hope to see you there,